Bok Choy Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
- 1 small head of bok choy (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 knob of ginger (1-inch cubed), minced
- 2 green onions or scallions, sliced
- sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add ½ teaspoon peanut oil. Once hot, add the bell peppers and a pinch of salt. Cook 3-4 minutes, until peppers have lightened in color and are just beginning to sear. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another ½ teaspoon of peanut oil to the wok. Add the bok choy and a pinch of salt. Cook 4-5 minutes, until beginning to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ½ teaspoon peanut oil to the wok. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions. Cook half a minute, until fragrant. Add the bamboo shoots. Cook about 1 minute, until heated through. Add the bell peppers and bok choy back to the pan. Season with another pinch of salt and the toasted sesame seed oil. Stir well and allow everything to heat though, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.
- (Serves 3-4)