Hot and Sour Noodles
- 7 ounces dried rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced (this was ~3 cups)
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Turn off heat, add the noodles, and soak until soft. When noodles are cooked, drain well, then return to pot and mix with sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Heat the chili oil in a large skillet (or wok) over high heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrot, and mushrooms. Cook for a minute or two until softened.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Then add the noodles to the pan. Mix well.
- Place the cabbage in a serving bowl. Top with the noodle and veggie mixture. Garnish with peanuts and serve.