Soba in Cucumber Cups
- 2 large cucumbers
- 4 ounces soba noodes (usually half a package)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, very thinly sliced
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into rounds 1-inch to 1½-inches thick. Scoop out the middles to create a cup with a melon baller.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package directions Drain and rinse the noodles under cool water.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Pour half the sauce over the noodles. Add the green onions to the noodles, saving a few for garnishing, and gently toss the noodles to coat them with the sauce.
- Pack each cucumber cup with noodles Pour a little sauce over the noodles in each cup and sprinkle the tops with a few green onions.